Wanted, 10 tyers to take part in a Nymph Fly Swap. Check out the video and below for all the details.
Please send a message through http://piscatorflies.com/about-piscat… to join the swap. I’ll take the first 10 swappers. Flies are due on July 15th, 2018.
1. Each tyer will tie 10 flies (11 if you want one of your own back) in the set. Anyone is welcome from beginner to pro.
2. With your flies include a toe tag with the pattern name and your name.
3. It would be awesome to include a typed pattern recipe with each fly with any additional info
4. Include your address and a couple dollars to cover the return shipping. Canada 2 for a stamp USA, 3 for First Class USPS Rest of the world, contact me (would be around $10 for most countries)
5. I’ll email those who are in the swap on a group email. I’ll use BCC so your email and personal info isn’t shared.
6. Any questions? Please ask.
Youtube Channel: Piscator Flies
Web: Piscator Flies
There are a couple swaps to let you know about.
The first is from Flyangler.ca and is a Stillwater Swap for flies that hang under an indicator like leeches, scuds and Chironomids. Each participant will tie up 2 flies they use for a 2 fly rig. The due date is September 1, so there is lots of time to tie. http://flyangler.ca/forum/index.php?showtopic=5164
The second swap is also a stillwater swap being hosted over at Rockymtnfly.com in the forums. There are still 3 spots open and participants will need to tie up 10 flies each. http://rockymtnfly.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4250
Both swaps already have some notable tyers signed up and I’m looking forward to seeing what comes out of each. I’m hoping to add a few flies to my repertoire. For more information on fly swaps, check out this excellent article put together by Lance Taylor – Swap-o-rama
The swap is now complete and everyone who took part has a great new set of streamers. I had lots of fun taking part even though I had fly orders up to my eyeballs. I learned a lot about putting together these flies and I am quite proud of the Red Streak I tied up for the swap. You can look through the photographed results of the swap on the Streamer List page – http://streamerlist.ning.com or just click on of the pics below. Thanks to the Streamer List, Michel Lajoie and Jim Walford for organizing everything. If you are interested in joining a new streamer swap, there is limited seating available in the next one; Not Carrie Stevens Classics. Visit the Streamer List Forum for details.